[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Downloading a File from within a Portlet.

analyzediz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 12 19:26:48 EST 2008

I'm trying to create a portlet that allows a user to download a file from it. Since I can't figure out a way of changing the response header from within portlet, there's no way of setting the Content-Disposition. So if the content-disposition can't be set on the header, the browser doesn't know to initiate the download process.

I know that I can easily use a Servlet to perform the download process but I just wanted to make sure that there's absolutely no way of performing the function from within the portlet alone.

I am using JBoss Portal 2.7.0 GA.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4188945#4188945

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4188945