[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jBPM 4 Design Question: Stateful Process Instance

benhu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 13 11:54:02 EST 2008

"kukeltje" wrote : Stateless EJB and the way the core works are separate things. The statefulness described in the design topics document (which was a discussion document and needs some updating since there were some not totally valid assumptions about current behaviour) is about being able to set runtime properties on a processinstance other then process variables so e.g. a mail node can be runtime configured to use othe smtp host. The option to you jBPM in a non-persistent (fully stateless, e.g. for STP) way will certainly remain or even made better.

Kuketlje, I am just a little bit confused by the last sentence. You say "jbpm in a non-persistent way". Do you mean the way jBPM 4 will do or the way I want to do? From my perspective, the major reason why I can make my service stateless is jBPM 3 is with persistence. So my service does not need to carry the state along and it simply gets from persistence.

Thank you for answering all my questions. You are really warm-hearted! =D

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4189168#4189168

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4189168