[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Recipe for a disaster (seam 2.1+jboss 4.2.3=fail)

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 13 12:43:58 EST 2008

anonymous wrote : This is demonstration application present in every fresh installation of seam.

Which application? It appears you are using an application named seamtest, yet I cannot find such an application under the seam_home/examples directory. I have used several of the application from the examples directory, making the most use of seambay.

OK, it looks like you are generating a new application using seamgen. Let's see if I can duplicate this.

anonymous wrote : This will create in jboss server default/deploy a directory (yes, DIRECTORY) called seamtest.ear.

Not a problem, this is an exploded deployment. You can read about them at http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-9719. In fact, I prefer exploded deployments, makes mucking with configuration files so much easier.

OK, I followed your instructions. Logged in as admin, no errors, instead got the home page refreshed with "signed in as: admin" and a logout link in the right side of the page header.

Wait a second. I didn't exactly follow your instructions - I didn't to the Eclipse thing. So I did that. Now I am getting the same error. Looks like Eclipse once again has screwed things up. Is it any wonder that I never build with Eclipse (when I install a new version of Eclipse the first conf change I make is to turn off automatic build) and always rely on running Ant or Maven from the command line instead?

My suggestion: wipe our your project directory and run "seam create-project" again. Then do not let Eclipse see that project until you have turned off automatic builds, and do all builds from the command line.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4189179#4189179

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4189179