[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Weired Query Synthax exception???

itsme do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 14 02:49:49 EST 2008

As by reading the spec, especially the section 4.14 BNF (BNF for the Java Persistence query language) it states:
anonymous wrote :
  | single_valued_path_expression ::=
  | state_field_path_expression | single_valued_association_path_expression
  | state_field_path_expression ::=
  | {identification_variable | single_valued_association_path_expression}.state_field
  | single_valued_association_path_expression ::=
  | identification_variable.{single_valued_association_field.}* single_valued_association_field
  | constructor_expression ::=
  | NEW constructor_name ( constructor_item {, constructor_item}* )
  | constructor_item ::= single_valued_path_expression | aggregate_expression
  | aggregate_expression ::=
  | { AVG | MAX | MIN | SUM } ([DISTINCT] state_field_path_expression) |
  | COUNT ([DISTINCT] identification_variable | state_field_path_expression |
  | single_valued_association_path_expression)

As per this I'm not sure whether complex types likes dates and timestamps are supported to be used in constructor expressions.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4189296#4189296

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4189296