[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Keep the connection alive after a management bean method exi

wimxa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 17 16:47:33 EST 2008

In one of my management bean methods I:
- Create a connection using the injected data source
- Pass that connection to a legacy code that keeps the connection for further usage
- Get out of the method without closing the connection

I wanted the connection to stay alive, however I am getting the following:

INFO  [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionManager] Closing a connection for you.  Please close them yourself: org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedConnection at 434ff9
java.lang.Throwable: STACKTRACE
  at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionManager.registerConnection(CachedConnectionManager.java:290)
  at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:417)
  at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:842)
  at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:88)
	... (user code)

Questions:
- I know that I should be closing the connections, but since it's just a legacy code wrapper, is there a way not to do that? I cannot set a connection on the legacy code again, it is supported only during the object creation, which is time-wise very costly
- If the above approach is not a good one, is there an alternative approach that would satisfy the given criteria. I'm on JBoss 4.2.1.GA.

If you need more info, please let me know.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4189916#4189916

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4189916