[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Keep the connection alive after a management bean method

wimxa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 17 18:02:59 EST 2008

Peter, here is the pseudo-snippet that should answer your questions about how the things are right now:

@Service(objectName = "MyServer:service=MyManagement")
@Management(MyManagement.class)
@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED)
public class MyManagementBean implements MyManagement {
	@Resource(mappedName = "java:/MY_DATA_SOURCE")
	private DataSource dataSource;

	private LegacyClass legacyObject;

	public void doSomething() {
		Connection dbConnection = dataSource.getConnection();
		if(this.legacyObject == null || dbConnection.isClosed()) {
			this.legacyObject = new LegacyClass(dbConnection, ...);
		}
		legacyObject.legacyDoSomething();

		// ...

		// I don't close the connection
	}

	// ...
}

I get the message in question after doSomething exits. If I understood you correctly, this is not a good way, since I am using a DataSource, correct? I.e. the only option is not using DataSources, but JDBC directly. JBoss will always forcibly close the connection. Is there some parameter that I can tweak this with?

If this is not possible, is there a simple way to get the parameters of that DataSource, so I can use them to make the connection myself? I would like to avoid storing the username, password, URL, etc. in my code directly.

Thanks again for your help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4189937#4189937

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4189937