[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: JTA Support Clarification

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 18 05:18:23 EST 2008

"luis.miranda" wrote : Is JTA support used strictly for replication purposes in JBoss Cache (3.0.0.CR3) or is there full transactional support even in a local cache (i.e. atomicity and isolation from other transactions within the same JVM)? In other words, can I roll back some puts after I have done them?

No, they can be used for consistency guarantees in LOCAL mode too.

"luis.miranda" wrote :
  | Also, according to the FAQ it is not possible to have a JBC participate in a global/XA transaction (together with the RDBMS). If that's the case, what approach should be taken to ensure consistency between the two resources?

That's not true, a JTA transaction can span databases too - it is just that internally, JBC will not propagate this to a transaction-aware cache loader (such as JDBC) but instead will use its own lifecycle of prepares and commits on the cache loader.

If you have a DB outside of the cache participating in the same JTA transaction, this is supported.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190029#4190029

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190029