[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - configuring custom error pages across all vhosts

brettcave do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 18 08:12:32 EST 2008

I would like to set up custom error pages across all vhosts on a JBoss
AS. I have configured web.xml in ROOT.war of jboss-web.deployer with
error-page / error-code / location directives for all errors -
"/error/404.html" for not found as an example.

I currently have the following setup on jboss:
The standard vhost
1 x name-based vhost (vhosts configured in server.xml)
custom error pages on ROOT.war/error and configured
ROOT.war/WEB-INF/web.xml for custom error pages.
1 x app deployed on /myapp/ to name-based vhost

What is needed to configure the custom error pages on the named virtual host?

my server.xml looks similar to

  |      <Engine name="jboss.web" defaultHost="localhost">
  |         <Realm className="org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm"
  |          certificatePrincipal="org.jboss.security.auth.certs.SubjectDNMapping"
  |            allRolesMode="authOnly"
  |            />
  |        <Host name="localhost"
  |           autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false" deployXML="false"
  |      configClass="org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.config.JBossContextConfig"
  |           >
  |            <Valve
  | className="org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve"
  |
  | cachedConnectionManagerObjectName="jboss.jca:service=CachedConnectionManager"
  |
  | transactionManagerObjectName="jboss:service=TransactionManager" />
  |         </Host>
  |
  |        <Host name="myvhost"
  |                        autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false"
  |
  | configClass="org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.config.JBossContextConfig">
  |                <Alias>vhost.access.uri</Alias>
  |                <Valve
  | className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
  | prefix="someprefix-" suffix=".log"
  |                                pattern="common" directory="/path/to/log/" />
  |                <DefaultContext cookies="true" crossContext="true"
  | override="true"/>
  |        </Host>
  |      </Engine>

I'm guessing I need a valve that uses errorReportValve to get this right?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190102#4190102

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190102