[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - "Address already in use" client side

cattivik100 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 18 10:40:50 EST 2008

HI
We are using webstart for deploying an application that is constantly maintained and neeed frequently updates.
We are now moving clients from jre 1.5.12 to jre 1.6.10 but we are focusing a strange problem when an updated version is released.
When a user wants to get last version, he simply closes and reopens the application, leaving to webstart to re-download the all stuff.

But once the application is closed, for some time (more or les 5 minutes) webstart cannot access the server by giving the following error:
 net.BindException: Address already in use: connect

After that time if user try again it works fine.
The all stuff worked fine with jdk1.5.

I suspect this comes from some incompatibility with jboss 4.2.2 client libs that for some reason maintain a connection to the server when application closes.... The problem raises in windows xp clients.

Any ideas?
Many thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190172#4190172

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190172