[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - jBPM 3.2.3 war on Websphere 6.1

the.trav do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 18 23:36:46 EST 2008

Ok, so I've gone through the tutorial at: http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-11089 on getting the console working on websphere, and seem to be running up against a dependancy issue.

Once I've sorted out all the missing was.policy entry problems, I get a "ClassNotFoundException" for javax.el.ELContextListener

Problem with this is that so far as I know this is a part of the Java EE 5 spec and not part of the J2EE 1.4 spec, and is therefore not provided by WAS 6.1

I tried getting around the problem by grabbing the el-api.jar from the server/server/jbpm/lib folder, however that just starts to lead me down more CNFE's involving sun implementation classes, which is usually a hint that I'm trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

So I guess my question is whether it is still possible to run the jBPM war and EAR files on Websphere 6.1 or if the project has moved on, which means I need to use an older version (assuming the client won't upgrade their servers) which begs the question which version.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190310#4190310

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190310