[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: configuring custom error pages across all vhosts

brettcave do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 19 12:10:25 EST 2008

Here is some testing I have done.

There are 3 ways to access the application server:
1) named vhost which is actually an apache server with mod_jk (http://vhost/). /myapp/*, /anotherapp/* and *.jsp are jkMounted.
2) default vhost via apache and mod_jk (http://nonvhost/)
3) direct to jboss (http://jboss:8080/) on default vhost.

the names I have used in brackets are for reference purposes in this post.

I have 3 contexts that I access:
A) Default context, with no app deployed to it besides the default jboss-web.deployer (i.e. ROOT.war).
B) myapp-ear.ear is deployed to context /myapp/ (context-root="myapp") and to the named vhost
C) anotherapp is deployed  to context /anotherapp/ on the default vhost (no vhost specification in jboss-web.xml)

web.xml for jboss-web.deployer has the following:
  <error-page>
    <error-code>404</error-code>
    /error/404.html
  </error-page>

None of the web.xml files for app B) and C) have any error directives in them.

The results are as follows:

1) + A) http://vhost/nopage.jsp - custom error page
1) + B) http://vhost/myapp/nopage - default error
1) + C) http://vhost/anotherapp/nopage - blank page

2) + A) http://novhost/nopage.jsp - custom
2) + B) http://novhost/myapp/nopage - custom
2) + C) http://novhost/anotherapp/nopage - default

3) + A) http://jboss/nopage.jsp - custom
3) + B) http://jboss/myapp/nopage - custom
3) + C) http://jboss/anotherapp/nopage - default

why is 1) + C)  giving a blank page?
how do i get 1) + B) and 2) + C) and 3) + C) to give custom without modifying web.xml? or do i need to modify web.xml on those?

my custom error page is set to /error/404.html and i have /error/404.html in ROOT.war

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190580#4190580

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190580