[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - User Guide examples: build error resolving artifacts

beve do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 20 03:29:13 EST 2008

Hi,

this might be a newbie error on my part but I'm getting a build error when trying to build the examples in trunk/docs/examples/User_Guide/gettingStarted:
anonymous wrote : Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/jboss/microcontainer/jboss-kernel/2.0.0.Beta9/jboss-kernel-2.0.0.Beta9.jar
  | [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  | [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
  | [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
  | [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
  |
  | Missing:
  | ----------
  | 1) org.jboss.microcontainer:jboss-kernel:jar:2.0.0.Beta9
  |
  |   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
  |
  |   Then, install it using the command:
  |       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.jboss.microcontainer -DartifactId=jboss-kernel -Dversion=2.0.0.Beta9 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
  |
  |   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
  |       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.jboss.microcontainer -DartifactId=jboss-kernel -Dversion=2.0.0.Beta9 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
  |
  |   Path to dependency:
  |   	1) org.jboss.microcontainer.examples:humanResourcesService:jar:1.0.0
  |   	2) org.jboss.microcontainer:jboss-kernel:jar:2.0.0.Beta9
  |
  | ----------
  | 1 required artifact is missing.
  |
  | for artifact:
  |   org.jboss.microcontainer.examples:humanResourcesService:jar:1.0.0
  |
  | from the specified remote repositories:
  |   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Adding the following reposistory to pom.xml solved this for me:

  | <repositories>
  |         <repository>
  |             <id>repository.jboss.org</id>
  |             <name>JBoss Repository</name>