[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Accessing JApplets from jsp...

Johnmaglite do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 20 07:07:19 EST 2008

Hello,

ich want to know what I have to do for accessing an applet from a jsp. I'm using jboss 4.2.3 and Netbeans IDE 6.1 for developing my application.

The IDE creates an ear-archive and copies it to jboss. Jboss is deploying this ear-archive.

I have created an jar-archive which contains my applet classes. This jar-file is located in the same directory as the jsps of my web module.

Now I try following:

APPLET CODE="org.media.chat.ChatRoomApplet"
        ARCHIVE="Chat.jar"
        ALIGN="center"
        HEIGHT="200"
        WIDTH="250"
        ALT="Could not load applet!"

or:

<jsp:plugin type="applet"
            code="ChatRoomApplet"
            iepluginurl="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/autodl/jinstall-1_4-windows-i586.cab"
            nspluginurl="http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/"
            jreversion="1.4.2"
            archive="Chat.jar"
            name="ChatRoomApplet"
            width="250"
            height="200">
    <jsp:fallback> Your browser do not support applets! </jsp:fallback>
</jsp:plugin>

but nothing works. A ClassNotFoundException appears from java console. So the browser can't find the applet.

But what on earth I have ever done, nothing is working! I have searched through the Internet and tried out many solutions from results of google, but something is very strange.

I guess that this problem has something to do with the ear-archive. But I am not sure, because I read in the Internet, that jboss unzipps the war of my ear and deployes it to tomcat. The files are located outside the WEB-INF so the browser has access...

So what is the problem?? Can anybody help me please??

Greetings

Pascal

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4190845#4190845

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4190845