[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - bind address for jboss services

senderj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 21 01:37:26 EST 2008

New to JBoss, installed and run using run.bat in WinXP. First of all, encountered problem that only local access works, access from other PC didn't work. Read some posting here and found that can be resolve with

  | run.bat -b 0.0.0.0

Tried and now it works for both local and remote.

Recently, trying to start JBoss as win service using JavaService as stated in the Getting Started Guide. Installed the service without problem, but it has same problem as before: local ok, remote no. Of course, there is no "-b 0.0.0.0" in the service's command line. So I tried to add the parm to windows service but failed, I can type it in but cannot save. I then looked up manual of JavaService, added this to the install batch file

  | JBossService.exe -install JBoss.............-start org.jboss.Main -params "-b 0.0.0.0" -stop ........

The service installed and started ok. My war file also deploys ok and works for both local and remote. But there are problems in the boot log:

  | 10:13:02,930 INFO  [ServiceConfigurator] Problem configuring service jboss:service=WebService
  | org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Exception setting attribute BindAddress =  0.0.0.0 on mbean jboss:service=WebService; - nested throwable: (java.net.UnknownHostException:  0.0.0.0)
  | 	at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.setAttribute(ServiceConfigurator.java:707)

And same problem for Naming service below it.

If it is not run as service, but run from command line, with "-b 0.0.0.0", it does not have these problems:

  | 10:02:46,175 DEBUG [ServiceCreator] Created bean: jboss:service=WebService
  | 10:02:46,175 DEBUG [ServiceConfigurator] BindAddress set to 0.0.0.0 in jboss:service=WebService
  | 10:02:46,175 DEBUG [ServiceConfigurator] Port set to 8083 in jboss:service=WebService
  | 10:02:46,175 DEBUG [ServiceConfigurator] Host set to pc104022 in jboss:service=WebService
  | 10:02:46,191 DEBUG [ServiceConfigurator] DownloadServerClasses set to true in jboss:service=WebService
  | 10:02:46,191 DEBUG [ServiceConfigurator] DownloadResources set to false in jboss:service=WebService
  | 10:02:46,191 DEBUG [ServiceController] recording that jboss:service=WebService depends on jboss.system:service=ThreadPool
  | 10:02:46,191 DEBUG [ServiceConfigurator] considering ThreadPool with object name jboss.system:service=ThreadPool

Anybody know what's wrong with my service??

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191124#4191124

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191124