[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Case handling(management) vs workflow

frantisek.kocun@gmail.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 23 08:00:19 EST 2008

Hi,

what is the diferrence between case handling (management) system and workflow (process) engine?

I have read workflowpatterns.com and they call FLOWer not a wfe but a case handling system.

>From http://www.workflowpatterns.com/patterns/control/state/wcp18.php :
"Note that FLOWer only re-evaluates the state after each change with respect to data elements"

So I was interested what does it mean and I found one interesting article http://www.bpminstitute.org/articles/article/article/bpms-watch-what-is-case-management.html . But nothing more concrete. Could you give the definition of case handling system and difference between workflow. Some examples are welcome!

Thanks

Fero

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191542#4191542

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191542