[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - selectOneMenu localization in Identity customization

sannegrinovero do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 23 12:34:27 EST 2008

Hi,
I would like to customize the fields shown to users during the registration phase, as described at http://docs.jboss.com/jbportal/v2.7.0/referenceGuide/html_single/#identity_portlet_configuration_example2

All logic is working ok, only I am not getting to I18: I've added several new properties in Identity.properties and they are picked up correctly for all InputTexts but not for the selectOneMenu.

Actually I'm not 100% I understood the reference docs; this is what I've defined in identity-ui-configuration.xml:
<ui-component name="typeofcustomer">
  |    <property-ref>portal.user.typeofcustomer</property-ref>
  |    <values>
  |       <value key="individual">individual</value>
  |       <value key="company">company</value>
  |    </values>
  |    <required>true</required>
  | </ui-component>
in register.xhtml:
<h:panelGroup>
  |   		<h:outputText value="#{bundle.IDENTITY_CUSTOMER_TYPE}" />
  |   		<h:outputText value=" *" rendered="#{metadataservice.typeofcustomer.required}" />
  |   	</h:panelGroup>
  |   	<h:selectOneMenu id="typeofcustomer" value="#{manager.uiUser.attribute.typeofcustomer}"
  | 			required="#{metadataservice.typeofcustomer.required}">
  | 		<f:selectItems value="#{metadataservice.typeofcustomer.values}" />
  | 	</h:selectOneMenu>
And added this to Indentity.properties:
IDENTITY_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Customer type
  | IDENTITY_CUSTOMER_TYPE_INDIVIDUAL=X1
  | IDENTITY_CUSTOMER_TYPE_COMPANY=X2

I would expect to see a combobox containing "X1" and "X2" but I get "individual" and "company".

My idea is that I'm failing to figure out how the property keys should be called;
honestly the "skiing" example in the docs is cool and snowy :-P but from anonymous wrote : IDENTITY_DYNAMIC_VALUE_BOARD=localized snowboarding
  | IDENTITY_DYNAMIC_VALUE_SKI=localized skiing
  |  I can't figure out how I should call the property exactly.

Any hint please? this is Portal 2.7.0.GA.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191557#4191557

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191557