[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - BeanMetaData and management

bob.mcwhirter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 23 20:43:29 EST 2008

So, for the JBoss Rails deployers, I've taked the advice of Ales and Adrian, hopefully correctly, and am now deploying BeanMetaData instead of doing actual work in my deployers, where possible.

The BMD I'm returning are my "deployments" (is that the correct term?) that represents the actual running object.  A Rails app.  A set of scheduler tasks.

MC instantiates them and calls start(), everything is happy, and I've replaced a ServiceMetaData.

http://github.com/bobmcwhirter/jboss-rails/tree/master/src%2Fmain%2Fjava%2Forg%2Fjboss%2Frails%2Fcore%2Fdeployers%2FRailsAppDeployer.java

But I've lost my visibility of my rails app deployment in the jmx-console.

I've attempted to add @JMX annotations, but got either a mixture of "nothing" or "already installed" errors.

I also tried to gain a clue about Scott's @ManagementObject/ManagedObject stuff, but also never got anything visible in the jmx-console.

Should I be looking for some other console (JOPR-embedded?), or is there some way to wire things up to automatically appear in JMX consoles?

Thanks!

-Bob

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191573#4191573

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191573