[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: JDBM Performance with Jboss Cache

cavani do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 07:02:27 EST 2008

I started with FileCacheLoader for local persistent cache. The storage on disk took more than 2h for less than 200MB. Then I changed to JDBMCacheLoader, and the storage time drop to 5min. The diference in storage terms is FileCacheLoader has one folder per root node and JDBM has one single file.

Last week I tried using JBC3 and H2 embedded database with JDBCCacheLoader and the storage get 13GB during the process! I don't know how (and spent more then 1h before I canceled the test).

I had others little problems with JDBM, but it has been the better option for my case (occasional full writing and many reads on a single server).

P.S.: my understanding is you can use DB Java Edition when your software is not distributed for thirdparties (or when it is opensource). But I didn't spend much time thinking about it.

my two cents...

Thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191703#4191703

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191703