[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: No connectivity + DTD

ptemmerman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 07:03:14 EST 2008

Hi,

They are using JBoss 4.2.3GA and JDK 1.5.0_16.
Unfortunately, I don't have access to their stack trace.
Actually, I'm not being asked to fixed it, I was just wondering if my assumption was correct. After searching the net for a while I'm in doubt :)

Some pages say that it's just an URN and it's used as a namespace, while others state that the XML document actually IS being validated with the specified DTD link.
Although, I must say that most of the things that I found where they stated that you need internet connectivity, were related with struts DTD.

Maybe the correct assumption would be that the XML parser is first trying to load the DTD based on the name field (i.e.  "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN" ) and if that is not possible, then it's using the URL.

Hmm, I don't know :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191705#4191705

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191705