[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Can only send one message in XA transaction

orankelly do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 10:05:37 EST 2008

"timfox" wrote : Yes please let's take Spring out of the equation. If you can demonstrate an issue using an MDB we can investigate further...

Famous last words indeed.

The root cause is some oddness with Spring's listener interacting with the tx manager. So the sending side was working but the listener was not getting all of the messages. As yet I have no idea why but if I stop populating the DefaultMessageListenerContainer's transactionManager property, all the messages are received.

When I deployed the simple MDB (identical code to that SimpleListener I posted earlier), all the messages were received correctly. I noticed some very odd behaviour with this new conf though, whereby my original listener, which I still had deployed, occasionally saw more than one message delivered - but never got all 3 and usually only got the first one.

Anyhoo - not a JBM issue!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191777#4191777

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191777