[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Advice Stack CNFE on *-aop.xml (AspectManager) Deployment

ALRubinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 11:04:32 EST 2008

@see http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191798

One of our users is looking to add a client-side interceptor to the advice stack.  As the class is not part of our distribution, it's not available on the server CP (only in the EAR, or on the client CP).

Question:

Why do we require that stack interceptors be available when loading XML into the AspectManager; can this be deferred until the stack is needed by:

      // Obtain interceptors by stack name via Aspect Manager
  |       AspectManager manager = AspectManager.instance();
  |       AdviceStack stack = manager.getAdviceStack(stackName);
  |       assert stack != null : "Could not find Advice Stack with name: " + stackName;
  |       Advisor advisor = this.getAdvisor();
  |       Interceptor[] interceptors = stack.createInterceptors(advisor, null);

?

S,
ALR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191805#4191805