[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: HTTP/1.1 400 No client certificate chain in this request

JGBedell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Nov 24 13:08:24 EST 2008

We have solved the issue.  I thought I would post the solution here for future reference.

From: http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossweb/freezone/docs/2.1.0/config/printer/http.html

maxSavePostSize:
The maximum size in bytes of the POST which will be saved/buffered by the container during FORM or CLIENT-CERT authentication. For both types of authentication, the POST will be saved/buffered before the user is authenticated. For CLIENT-CERT authentication, the POST is buffered for the duration of the SSL handshake and the buffer emptied when the request is processed. For FORM authentication the POST is saved whilst the user is re-directed to the login form and is retained until the user successfully authenticates or the session associated with the authentication request expires. The limit can be disabled by setting this attribute to -1. Setting the attribute to zero will disable the saving of POST data during authentication . If not specified, this attribute is set to 4096 (4 kilobytes).

We simply added this attribute to our JBoss connector in the server.xml file, set the value to “-1” and everything works fine now, no matter how many updates we send.

I would just like to add that I was rather disappointed in these forums.  I came here as a relative JBoss beginner hoping that the actual JBoss forums would provide me any answer if that answer turned out to be something simple with JBoss setup.  That did turn out to be the case, but after 5 days of this post sitting here, I still have 0 responses.  Does no one actually monitor these forums?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4191841#4191841

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4191841