[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: New SystemOuts since upgrade to 2.0.0.GA with Jboss AS (

DerMas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 25 05:17:04 EST 2008

I think I found the problem in the following class:

  | package org.jboss.aop.util.logging;
  |
  | /**
  |  * A thin wrapper around the jboss logging framework, so that if a proper logger is not installed
  |  * we get the output redirected to System.out.
  |  *
  |  * @author <a href="kabir.khan at jboss.com">Kabir Khan</a>
  |  * @version $Revision: 1.1 $
  |  */
  | public class AOPLogger{

So the javadoc says that the output is redirected to System.out. if not a proper logger is installed.

A quickfix was the following:

  | private AOPLogger(final Class<?> clazz)
  |    {
  |       org.jboss.logging.Logger log;
  |       log = org.jboss.logging.Logger.getLogger(clazz);
  |       if(log.getLoggerPlugin().getClass().getName().equals( org.jboss.logging.NullLoggerPlugin.class.getName()))
  |       {
  |        //MY QUICKFIX: commented these two lines out
  | //org.jboss.logging.Logger.setPluginClassName(SystemOutLoggerPlugin.class.getName());
  | //log = org.jboss.logging.Logger.getLogger(clazz);
  |       }
  |
  |       logger = log;
  |    }

And poof, the sysouts while executing my ejb were gone, but the debug sysouts while using the aopc precompile task were still there. Just as I want it.
But this is a very dirty fix directly in the jboss aop libs.. Isn't there another way to fix this problem?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4192022#4192022

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4192022