[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: How to set ping timeout of ConnectionValidator?

swany do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Nov 25 08:52:54 EST 2008

Ron,

Attempting to follow the remoting / messaging code that is quite new to me, I think I follow what you have said. However, attempting to backtrack through the call chain to see where the URI is passed from server to client I quickly get lost.

I think I have discovered the appropriate InvokerLocator URI that is for the Client object (below?) in the debug log:

05:30:03,958 DEBUG [InvokerLocator] creating InvokerLocator with URI: bisocket://mobile-166-129-196-099.mycingular.net:11457/?JBM_clientMaxPoolSize=200&clientLeasePeriod=10000&clientSocketClass=org.jboss.jms.client.remoting.ClientSocketWrapper&dataType=jms&marshaller=org.jboss.jms.wireformat.JMSWireFormat&numberOfCallRetries=1&pingFrequency=214748364&pingWindowFactor=10&socket.check_connection=false&timeout=0&unmarshaller=org.jboss.jms.wireformat.JMSWireFormat

which includes most parameters, but not my custom validation entries. I haven't tried to set up all the remoting & messaging source such that I can step through this with a debugger. I have compiled both remoting and messaging source and inserted some additional debug statements to attempt to trace the URI. However, it is extremely cumbersome (it has taken me days to get this far!).

Any quick hints which classes I can look at on the server side (where the URI is constructed and passed to the client) and on the client side (where it's received before JMSRemotingConnection is created with it)? There are so many layers of indirection and cross-connections for the bisocket that I feel completely lost :)

Thanks,

Mark

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4192119#4192119

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4192119