[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - JBoss 4.3 start up time information

chiewming do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 26 14:45:35 EST 2008

Hi All,

My customer bought a Sun Fire T5120 and he is complaining the JBoss startup time is very slow comparing to their 4 core Xeon.

Setup as below:
====================
Platform : T5120
Core : 4 (8 Threads each core)
RAM : 8GB
JBOSS : 4.3
Java : 1.5.0.15
Java : -Dprogram.name=run.sh  -server -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.lang.ClassLoader.allowArraySyntax=true -verbose:gc
====================

Bootup time need for JBoss as below (pure JBoss without any other apps in JBoss)
Sun Fire T5120(4 cores, 32 threads, 1.2Ghz) == 1m 20s
Sun Fire T2000(6 cores, 24 threads, 1.0Ghz) == 1m 54s
Sun Fire V440  (2 cores,   2 threads, 1.6Ghz) == 54s

Customer tested the boot up time for their Wintel server is far more faster than our Sun CMT processor server.

Customer unable to migrat their current test app into JBoss to do a load test due to their company policy.

Tuning for adjusting d heap, GC but boot up time still unacceptable.

I'm here seek for anyone who implemented their JBoss into Sun CMT processor server like T2000,T5120,T5220... can give me light up regarding their JBoss boot up time & wil JBoss multithreaded while in load test (runtime compilation)?

Thank you very much.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4192620#4192620

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4192620