[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: JBoss 4.3 start up time information

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 26 17:02:22 EST 2008

The problem is with either:

a) the operating system - Windows tends to let processes run full speed, some other operating systems, however, throttle back processes so that they do not use up all of the processing power. I do not know if the Sun Fire does this, but it is worth looking into.

b) disk speeds - slower disks will cause longer start-ip times, but not as much as you are reporting, so I would not think this is the issue

c) the JVM - there could something that the JVM is doing that is causing the slow startup. Considering that Sun makes Sun Fire and the JVM that runs on it, I would be surprised if this is the case. But stranger things have happened.

I suggest you ask Sun why their hardware or JVM is so slow.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4192649#4192649

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4192649