[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: searchable, pull-based cache solution

hergaty do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 27 07:07:21 EST 2008

Hi Manik,

I think I know, what dowrk meant when he spoke of memory and performance. The standard indexing mechanism of a database or any other storage for relational data is to build binary trees for those fields that should get indexed. Building a binary tree for, lets say a forgein key as a 4-byte integer, must be as thin as possible to get fast access an low memory consumption.

My question would be how much more memory and time lucene would take for its full text indices in comparison to binary trees. Or can lucence also build such thin indices that are not text (string) based?

regards,
Thomas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4192748#4192748

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4192748