[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: Remote JNDI connects locally

normann do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Nov 27 10:31:44 EST 2008

Let me clarify in case my original description was not clear:

I am trying to do a simple job of looking an object up in a remote JNDI registry (192.168.1.10, i.e. not the machine itself). When run from the command line, the code above works perfectly by looking the object up in JNDI at 192.168.1.10, but when run from within a JBoss server (e.g. in a servlet) running on another server, it is always looked up in the JNDI registry running on the server itself (thereby ignoring my PROVIDER_URL). I've tried looking for a jndi.properties file that may specify another URL but there are none.

I have nothing to go on at this point and have practically given up. I hope someone can help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4192809#4192809

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4192809