[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - CommunicationException / ClassNotFoundException on lookup()

meiners do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 28 08:34:12 EST 2008

I develop a Swing Client, which by RMI a JBoss 4.0.5 (on Vista machine) accesses and services implements.

  | Properties objProperties = new Properties();
  | objProperties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | objProperties.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,"org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  | objProperties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "serverIPv4:2001" );
  | javax.naming.InitialContext initial = new javax.naming.InitialContext(objProperties);
  | NamingEnumeration ne=initial.list("");
  | while(ne.hasMore()){
  | System.out.println("Bind Objects :"+ne.next());
  | }
  | Object ref=initial.lookup("project_projectQ");

An exception is thrown with the Swing Client on the Debian machine, here:
initial.lookup("project_projectQ");
The exception reads:
javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: project.query.projectQHome]
(in this moment there is not one reaction in the server log of the JBoss (on Vista machine), also not in the Debug mode)

The project.query.projectQHome is with us an interface in one project.ear, which is on the JBoss (the Vista machine) deployed.

The interface project.query.projectQHome does not exist in the.jar file of the Swing Client.

The Swing Client runs thus completely conflict-free on various Machinen, on which only one network entrance and jre 1.6.0 must be present.

On the Debian machine all functionalities of the Swing Client normally, also an email dispatch run functioned smoothly, but the exception already becomes here with the attempt of initial.lookup("project_projectQ") thrown. All ports of the JBoss (on Vista machine) of the Debian machine are attainable and visible.

Main question position:
1. Why funtioniert initial.lookup("project_projectQ") not on the Debian machine?
2. From where does the exception know the name of the interface project.query.projectQHome?
3. Why can in the variable javax.naming.InitialContext initial = new javax.naming.InitialContext (objProperties); obviously existing information for the Naming object "project_projectQ" in initial.lookup("project_projectQ"); not to be used?

Regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4193021#4193021

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4193021