[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Alternative JAR extensions

bob.mcwhirter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 30 16:15:52 EST 2008

So, a quick analysis might confirm your suspicions of HDScanner doing the scan() "too soon".  I may be confused, of course, but here's my amateur analysis...

While HDScanner itself is a BOOTSTRAP bean, I assume it gets completely start()'d and running before the DEPLOYER phase.

When start()'d, it scan()'s.  Conceivably scanning deploy/ for APPLICATION before all deployers have been deployed.  Hence getChildren(...) on deploy/ not being enabled to view .rails archives as vfszips.  Maybe. :)

Looking at my log timestamps, I see...

  | 16:11:20,978 TRACE [HDScanner] Begin deployment scan

Then a while later (5 seconds), my log indicates the JEP installation from my deployer in the deployers/ directory.

  | 16:11:25,860 INFO  [RailsStructure] getJarExtension()...

I don't know the implementation of the solution, but seems like some barrier on the start()/scan() of HDScanner to hold it until the DEPLOYER phase is completely completed, perhaps.

For now, I can just use ".jar" as an extension.

Thanks,

-Bob

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4193270#4193270

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4193270