[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Entities in clustered environment

testrot do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 1 10:42:46 EDT 2008

Hello,

I read the JBoss Application Server Clustering Guide version 5.0.0 beta to receive an impression about the failover/load balancing features provided by JBoss AS 5.0. The ultimate goal is to build a failsafe system on top of the AS.

But I'm not quite sure about the failover capabilities concerning entities. The Clustering guide says that a distributed cache can by used for entities to avoid db round trips. The entity manager injected by the AS uses this cache and so my application benefits from it. But as far as I understood I don't get any failsafe benefits. If the db server fails the whole systems fails, so the db is a single point of failure.

Is there any mechanism/system deployment to get rid of this single point of failure?

I guess using a high end database cluster would be one, but is there another solution. Perhaps using 2 separate databases and something like a replication mechanismen inside the AS which replicates entities across the 2 db instances?

Thanks for help,
Martin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4179826#4179826

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4179826