[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Scheduling app to run on one node only

markad2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 1 14:25:24 EDT 2008

We're in a 2-node cluster environment with various scheduled services.  A new application has a requirement to run only one node once a day - our other scheduled apps are fine with running on both nodes and needs to stay that way.  In this app's case, the scheduled service is duplicating data in a database due to it running twice daily vs. just once.

Can I modify my .sar's META-INF/jboss-service.xml (vs. having to modify any JBoss configuration) so this particular app only runs one node?  Here's the existing .sar jboss-service.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <server>
  |     <mbean code="org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler" name="com.mycompany.myapp:service=MyScheduledService">
  |         <attribute name="StartAtStartup">true</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="SchedulableClass">com.mycompany.myapp.MyScheduledService</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="InitialStartDate">NOW</attribute>
  |         <attribute name="SchedulePeriod">86400000</attribute>  <!-- every 24 hours  -->
  |         <attribute name="InitialRepetitions">-1</attribute>
  |         <depends>
  |           jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=jdbc/MyDataSource
  |         </depends>
  |     </mbean>
  | </server>

Thanks in advance.