[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: custom context for EJB deployment

sfisque do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 2 13:31:43 EDT 2008

one last thing.

the examples i've seen thus far (of jboss.xml) seem to bind at the "default" location of "bean_name/local" or "bean_name/remote".  none of them appear to be specifying the context of the binding.  in order to do that, do i need to prepend the binding with a / so that jboss knows to hook the binding to the root of the jndi tree rather than under the "ear/jar name"?

i'll offer a concrete example of what i am doing.

if i have    warehouse-1.0.10.ear   (production rules stipulate that we have to tag build artifacts with their version and build numbers, which is the driver for why i need this guidance) that contains warehouse-1.0.5.jar which contains an ejb named com.acme.Inventory.class, if i deploy it trivially (no jboss.xml and minimal ejb-jar.xml) i should get two bindings in jndi:

warehouse-1.0.10/Inventory/local
warehouse-1.0.10/Inventory/remote

what i want to do is have the beans bind at:

warehouse/Inventory/local
warehouse/Inventory/remote

this way, any clients that are written, do not have to change their jndi lookups when we deploy a new ear file.  as long as they get the client side jar with the necessary stubs and primitives, they can make the exact same jndi lookup for the stubs, etc.

the brute force solution is to have the deployer rename the ear file when deploying it, but that is error prone and if possible to be avoided.

thus, will using the jndi-name and local-jndi-name nodes in the jboss.xml allow me to change the context the beans are bound in and if so, do i need to do anything to make sure they are not bound under the default context of "ear-name".

TIA

== stanton

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180117#4180117

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180117