[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Which thread pool services SLSB requests in AS?

justinwalsh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 3 07:42:45 EDT 2008

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your reply - appreciate it.

I probably should have mentioned that I'm using 2.1 EJBs and not EJB3.  So I assume that the the equivalent of the $JBOSS_HOME/server/$CONFIG/deploy/ejb3.deployer/META-INF/jboss-service.xml is $JBOSS_HOME/server/$CONFIG/deploy/ejb-deployer.xml file

Problem is that I don't see any invokers defined in this file.

Digging a little deeper, on the jmx-console in the jboss.remoting domain I have:

  |     *  dataType=invocation,enableTcpNoDelay=true,host=10.0.0.85,marshaller=org.jboss.invocation.unified.marshall.InvocationMarshaller,port=4446,service=invoker,socketTimeout=600000,transport= socket,unmarshaller=org.jboss.invocation.unified.marshall.InvocationUnMarshaller
  |     * handler=ejb3,name=DefaultEjb3Connector,type=Connector
  |     * host=10.0.0.85,port=3873,service=invoker,transport=socket
  |     * service=Connector,transport=socket
  |     * service=NetworkRegistry

Is this invoker the one that I am after?

  | service=Connector,transport=socket

Which is defined (and configured) as follows in jboss-service.xml

  | <mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
  |           name="jboss.remoting:service=Connector,transport=socket"
  |           display-name="Socket transport Connector">
  |    <!--<attribute name="maxPoolSize">303</attribute> -->
  | </mbean>

Which I can configure by un-commenting (and customising) the above maxPoolSize setting.  If so, any idea what the default is?

Thanks,
Justin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180261#4180261

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180261