[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Loading different versions of same jar in ear applicatio

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 5 10:07:05 EDT 2008

"rrkulkarni" wrote :
  | I like the class loading scheme for web modules. It loads web module specific jars first without worrying about already loaded jars and if not found then it will look to the parent. Makes perfect sense. Web module can choose to use already existing version or use a new updated one with no effect on other modules.

That's because the spec mandates that each web module has its own classloader.

"rrkulkarni" wrote :

  |  If I put a different version of jar inside ejb module it will not be loaded by jboss.

Could you please explain as to what you mean by placing a jar "inside an ejb module"?

When you place a jar inside the lib folder of EAR, it becomes available to the entire application.

Are you sure that you want two different versions of a jar inside the same (EAR) application? I don't think what you are trying to do, would be possible.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180427#4180427

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180427