[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Channel ID error in JBoss EAP 4.3 CP01

TheOverlord do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 5 16:51:31 EDT 2008

I'm getting a really bad JBM error shown below using JBoss EAP 4.3 CP01.

  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: Channel id map for node 120 already contains binding for queue 43080
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.impl.postoffice.MessagingPostOffice.addBindingInMemory(MessagingPostOffice.java:2380)
  |         at
  | org.jboss.messaging.core.impl.postoffice.MessagingPostOffice.addBindingFromCluster(MessagingPostOffice.java:1015)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.impl.postoffice.BindRequest.execute(BindRequest.java:55)
  |         at org.jboss.messaging.core.impl.postoffice.GroupMember$ControlRequestHandler.handle(GroupMember.java:606)
  |         at org.jgroups.blocks.MessageDispatcher.handle(MessageDispatcher.java:612)
  |         at org.jgroups.blocks.RequestCorrelator.handleRequest(RequestCorrelator.java:654)
  |         at org.jgroups.blocks.RequestCorrelator.access$200(RequestCorrelator.java:40)
  |         at org.jgroups.blocks.RequestCorrelator$Request.run(RequestCorrelator.java:944)
  |         at org.jgroups.util.ReusableThread.run(ReusableThread.java:234)
  |         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

With one server in the cluster, I don't see this.

I haven't seen this with 2 servers in the cluster.

I've only rarely seen this with 3 servers in the cluster.

With 4 servers, the problem is almost immediately reproducible.

The error seems to propagate to all servers in the cluster.

I already checked the peer IDs, they're all unique. That's not the problem.

I am using a distributed topic (as well as queues).

I did see this JBM bug report:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-1256

It's the same error message.

Any advice on what I should do ?

I don't have to use a distributed topic but will not using it solve the problem?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180441#4180441

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180441