[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - jboss 5 integration with hibernate in web app

geckopower do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 6 02:39:22 EDT 2008

hi,

got my jboss set up with oracle datasource, that is properly configured and working. i know so because if i do straight up jdbc, i can retrieve data
from the database.

now trying to do the persistence layer with hibernate. not going so well.
nothing fancy. not an ejb app, just jsf calling some hibernate stuff using jndi to lookup the SessionFactory object.

can someone point me to some documentation for this?
heres the components of my application
jboss 5,hibernate 3,jsf only war (no ejbs or ear).

ic = new InitialContext();
org.hibernate.SessionFactory sf = (org.hibernate.SessionFactory)
ic.lookup("java:/comp/env/hibernate/HibernateFactory");

gives the following:
Exception thrown javax.naming.NamingException: Could not dereference object [Root exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: hibernate not bound]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180476#4180476

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180476