[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Migrating from JBoss 3.2.6 to JBoss 4.2

gunjan_versata do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 6 06:39:54 EDT 2008

Hi,

We are in process of migrating from 3.2.6 to 4.2.0.. but facing few problems.

1. Has the EAR structure changed? I cant use the same EAR in both of them.
For example: it is not picking the thrid-party jars from the top level.
for 3.2.6 we used to have something like:

sample.ear
|meta-inf
  |application.xml
  |jboss-app.xml
  | manifest.mf

|Mydemo.war
|third-party jars

I have the entry for third-party jars in my manifset.mf and application.xml!

Even still I am getting NoClassDefFoundError in 4.2.0(GA) for the thrid-party jars.
On putting them inside the lib it seems to work. Is it mandatory now? Or can i change the setting somewhere?

2. We are currently using myfaces-1.1.5.. But since JBoss now supports jsf- 1.2. How can i get it to use myfaces???

I read up for it on wiki(http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/JBoss5AndMyFaces) and  did the following. I have the myfaces related jars inside the web-inf\lib of my war file. But even then I am getting NoClassDefFoundError.

3. For the html apps. We are facing the error Non-serializable-attribute in the function setAttribute. On removing the distributable tag from web.xml, it works. Is there any way to get it working with distributable tag??

We have been stuck on this for long. any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180529#4180529

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180529