[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JON monitoring best metrics

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 6 17:22:00 EDT 2008

One of the problems with asking questions about JON is that not everyone has it because you have to pay for it. And the trial copy I had expired many months ago and was the 1.x version anyway.

In general, reaching zero free memory is not an issue. It just means that the heap is full and a garbage collection needs to take place. It also indicates to me that perhaps your young generation is not properly sized. You can read more about the heap and heap sizing at:

Documentation from Sun: http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/gc5.0/gc_tuning_5.html

A presentation I made: http://www.cecmg.de/doc/tagung_2007/agenda07/24-mai/2b3-peter-johnson/index.html

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180670#4180670

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180670