[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - jgroups Draw demo fails

johncgodfrey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 7 07:49:42 EDT 2008

We are trying to get jgroups working using version 2.6.3 on windows XP, our deployment works on unix. To eradicate our code we simply execute the demo class Draw twice and the second fails with the stack lisetd below.
The firewall is disabled. Are we missing some thing obvious ?

org.jgroups.ChannelException: failed to start protocol stack
        at org.jgroups.JChannel.startStack(JChannel.java:1545)
        at org.jgroups.JChannel.connect(JChannel.java:364)
        at org.jgroups.demos.Draw.go(Draw.java:174)
        at org.jgroups.demos.Draw.main(Draw.java:144)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: problem creating sockets (bind_addr=LDN-BUSDEV-32/192.168.13.98, mcast_addr=null)
        at org.jgroups.protocols.UDP.start(UDP.java:373)
        at org.jgroups.stack.Configurator.startProtocolStack(Configurator.java:124)
        at org.jgroups.stack.ProtocolStack.startStack(ProtocolStack.java:392)
        at org.jgroups.JChannel.startStack(JChannel.java:1542)
        ... 3 more
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: Cannot bind
        at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind0(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.DatagramSocket.bind(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.MulticastSocket.(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.MulticastSocket.(Unknown Source)
        at org.jgroups.protocols.UDP.createSockets(UDP.java:480)
        at org.jgroups.protocols.UDP.start(UDP.java:369)

A further complication is that the jgroups tests McastReceiverTest and McastSenderTest does not work until wireshark is started and traffic monitored. Stopping/starting wireshark toggles the test from working to failing without test sender/receiver restart.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180764#4180764

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180764