[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - IGMP and Multicast

lovelyliatroim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 7 12:20:15 EDT 2008

Hi Guys,

Devleopment machines finally arrived in and I set up the app on 2 boxes. Now the 2 nodes dont see each other for whatever reason. I ran the the jgroups tests here http://www.jgroups.org/javagroupsnew/docs/manual/html/ch02.html#ItDoesntWork and none worked so told the sys admin guy to have a look at the network setup.

He then asks me what version of IGMP do i need, reading this http://osdir.com/ml/java.javagroups.devel/2003-07/msg00009.html suggests that i dont need it??? Or do I ?? Using the jgroups lib from the 2.2GA release so thats 2.6.2.

If i dont need it then what is the next steps i should take to see why the nodes cant see each other?? I suppose start looking at wireshark!!

Cheers,
LL

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180825#4180825

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180825