[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: How to name my JNDI(progress Connection pool) and call i

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 7 13:25:08 EDT 2008

According to your web-ds.xml file, you can look up the datasource using the name "":

ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:/web");

if that doesn't work, try "java:/web" (even I get confused as to whether the slash is required).

If you want to look up the datasource using your naming context (that is, via "java:/comp/env"), then you need to add the following to WEB-INF/web.xml:

  <resource-ref>
  |     <res-ref-name>web1</res-ref-name>
  |     <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
  |     <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  |     <res-sharing-scope>Shareable</res-sharing-scope>
  |   </resource-ref>

and the following to WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml:

<resource-ref>
  |     <res-ref-name>web1</res-ref-name>
  |     <jndi-name>java:web</jndi-name>
  |   </resource-ref>

Then in your code use:

ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:/comp/env/web1");

I changed the name in the code to 'web1' so that you could see how that maps to the web.xml, which in turn maps to the jboss-web.xml, which in turn changes the name to simply 'web' which then matches the name in the *-ds.xml file.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180843#4180843

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180843