[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: ERROR [org.apache.commons.digester.Digester] Begin event

mbol1962 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 7 16:41:28 EDT 2008

Thanks Peter,

I was able to locate the bad JAR (jbossweb.jar) file which was apparently a remnant from a previous install JBOSS 4.0.x.  When I removed that version of the jar file and replaced it with the 4.2.3GA version...jboss started right up.

I don't know how I missed that JAR when I performed the upgrade.  In hindsight I should have just deleted the old jboss 4.0.x folder and downloaded the jboss 4.2.3 files. I didn't know if that would work.

At any rate, your suggestion resolved the issue.  Thanks so much for your help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4180885#4180885

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4180885