[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: connectionMap.remove in WrapperDatasourceService never c

ladam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 10 03:20:24 EDT 2008

Hello Vicky,

thanks for your reply.
That's the situation currently:

* We've confirmed on our side that the ungarbaged entries in the connectionMap are definitely the cause of our growing heap dump
* After some intense searching I've found an old discussion around this @https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-1678. Michael Kopp mentioned there on a side note that the connections are not removed because the section is commented. In current versions this code section is missing completely.
* I've not checked the cvs log so far if there are any reasons.

Basically, Adrian states, that the remote connections are "an anti-pattern" and shouldn't be used, so my guess is that this really slipped through.
As we don't have the option not to use remote data sources for various reasons, we plan to patch WrapperDatasourceService to do a connectionMethod.remove() in the doConnectionMethod()-function as it has been originally. However I am unsure of any side effects this might have-  perhaps you have some feedback regarding this.

Thanks.
Ludwig

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181378#4181378

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181378