[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: connectionMap.remove in WrapperDatasourceService never c

ladam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 10 04:41:37 EDT 2008

Hi Vicky,

sure.
The need for using remote data sources is more forced by our system environment and the restrictions forced by our auditors than by the application design.

In our production environment we have a backend jboss that does a JMS-based processing of incoming messages and is also handling the data sources.  Databases are completely in the internal network, no NAT / open ports to them are allowed, NAT to the backend is allowed.
In the production DMZ we have two webapp jboss (that have their own local datasources).

In a completely different network we have tools (standard java apps) running, that do data parsing, reports, some cronjobs for data maintenance, that need access to the data. As we don't have the options to give these tools direct access to the databases (nor they may run in the production env, nor we may open database ports) we need them to use remote datasources provided by the backend. There's no option that we may change this setup on mid-term. And to completely remove the processing tools and switch to complete message based transactions is not very feasible for the tasks they need to do...

Best regards,
Ludwig

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181396#4181396

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181396