[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Asymmetric Forks and Joins

asohn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 10 17:46:12 EDT 2008

I am looking to initiate a process where after a fork, 1 of the task nodes is dependent on a task node that happened before the fork and the others are not. I have modeled this to have a join after the fork and the transitions into the join come from the earlier task and the fork. Later on I have a join to close out the later fork. However, jbpm doesn't like it and the items after the first join, never run and the process image shows it ending there.  Is this possible or do I have to give up some level of concurrency in my process to do what jbpm supports. I have a very simple process defiinition to demonstrate this below (if my explanation is less than clear). I have no process variables, each task merely has an OK button to move to the next transition. I am using enterprise version 3.2.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<process-definition  xmlns="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.2"  name="testfork">

		<assignment actor-id="manager">

	<start-state name="start-state1">

			<assignment actor-id="manager">

	</start-state>

	<task-node name="ReadyToRunMilestone">

			<assignment actor-id="manager">

	</task-node>

	<task-node name="TFScriptPrepared">

			<assignment actor-id="manager">

	</task-node>

	<task-node name="TFEChange">

			<assignment actor-id="manager">

	</task-node>

	<task-node name="AutoCorrectScript">

			<assignment actor-id="manager">

	</task-node>

	<end-state name="end-state1"></end-state>

</process-definition>

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181621#4181621

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181621