[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - jboss-4.2.3.GA startup problem

rvenki do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 13 01:14:29 EDT 2008

I have recently installed jboss-4.2.3.GA in my system (Windows-XP SP2). I have been using jboss for a while now. My previous version of jboss-4.0.3 runs fine on my machine. I have a jdk150_12 installed on my computer and my JAVA_HOME is set to that.

After unzipping the jboss-4.2.3 binary, i started up the default server by issuing run.bat command. I saw lot of errors in my server.log, I can't even access the jmx-console. I am sure the server didn't come up properly.

I got several errors. I am listing them one by one here.

2008-10-12 21:24:13,656 ERROR [org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean] Exception invoking method addChild
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/annotation/Resource

2008-10-12 21:24:13,672 ERROR [org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean] Exception invoking method init
javax.management.RuntimeErrorException: Error invoking method addChild

Caused by: javax.management.RuntimeErrorException: Error invoking method addChild

and MORE.......

All of these errors are seems to caused a missing class javax/annotation/Resource.

Is this a known bug or is it something to do with my JDK.

Can someone help me here.

Thanks
Venki

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181739#4181739