[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Entity bean @Post... lifecycle methods that call SLSB hang

lpmon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 13 12:15:37 EDT 2008

JBoss AS 4.0.5.GA
Hibernate Core 3.3.1.GA
Hibernate EntityManager 3.4.0.GA
MSSQL Server 2000 and 2005 (same symptom)
Seam 1.2.1.GA

The app runs fine with MySQL.  If I have an entity bean method annotated with @PostPersist, @PostUpdate or @PostRemove and that method calls an SLSB the method invocation hangs when using  MSSQL.  It works fine with MySQL.  Execution never hits a breakpoint I set in the target SLSB method.  It is not the method that is hanging it it the invocation of the method (so it seems).

I am not certain if this is Seam related or not.  I have no quick way to remove Seam from the app.

Anyone seen this before?

Happens on multiple entity beans.  Those with @postUpdate (for example) do not hang if they do not have an SLSB call!

Weird.  May be a transaction deadlock????

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181900#4181900

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181900