[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Entity bean @Post... lifecycle methods that call SLSB ha

lpmon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 13 22:16:14 EDT 2008

I have determined that the problem is more general than I have stated.

Simply put: there is an SQL Server request that is not completing and it is blocking any requests to the same table made after it. I see a page level lock.  I can see a statement that is blocking/sleeping and then the one that hangs/is blocked by the first. They are both requesting a lcok on the same page (should be okay).   The first statement is an insert generated by the EJB3 framework.  Why would it be in a state of sleeping/awaiting command?  I assume there is some incompatibility between EJB3 subsystem and SQL server or I have something miss-configured.

>From the SQL server management studio:
THIS ONE IS status=sleeping command = awaiting command

(@P0 int, at P1 nvarchar(4000), at P2 nvarchar(4000), at P3 int, at P4 int)insert into eventfactory (srcEvtCode, factoryClass, parms, resultEvent, userModel) values ( @P0 ,  @P1 ,  @P2 ,  @P3 ,  @P4 ) SELECT SCOPE_IDENTITY() AS ID

THIS ONE is waiting on above one to complete: status=suspended command=select

()select eventfacto0_.ik as ik0_, eventfacto0_.srcEvtCode as srcEvtCode0_, eventfacto0_.factoryClass as factoryC2_0_, eventfacto0_.parms as parms0_, eventfacto0_.resultEvent as resultEv6_0_, eventfacto0_.userModel as userModel0_ from eventfactory eventfacto0_ order by eventfacto0_.srcEvtCode asc

Makes no sense. There is nothing else happening in the SQL server.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4181976#4181976

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4181976