[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: JBoss Messaging - classcast exception

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 14 02:57:48 EDT 2008

Client id and subscription name are used in JMS to define *durable subscriptions*, in JMS they have absolutely no meaning for non durable subscriptions.

In fact, there is no way using the JMS API to create a non durable subscription with a specific id so you couldn't be doing this on JBoss MQ either, unless it provides a special API, which I very much doubt. I suspect you're actually using durable subscriptions with JBoss MQ.

Please see JMS spec for more details or clarification on the semantics of client id and subscription name.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182012#4182012

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4182012